Laidlaw Undergraduate Research & Leadership Scholarships 2017
In 2017 the Arts, Humanities and Cultures is able to offer SIX undergraduate research and leadership scholarships
(UGRLs) which are generously funded by alumni to enable you to develop your research and leadership capabilities by
participating in established academic research projects as preparation for future research and leadership roles in further
study or employment.
As well as research, scholars will also be able to participate in training courses that will build leadership skills through
attending a series of residential and one day events through the period of the scholarship.
These UGRLs are open to current first year students in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures.
Thinking of applying?
- Read the project proposals carefully and select the one that you would like to apply for.
- Read the information for applicants
- Attend the Undergraduate Research Experience on Friday 17 February:http://arts.leeds.ac.uk/ugresearch/ugre
- Submit a completed application form: https://goo.gl/forms/RASwENhRw2CsHyVx2
- Ask your academic reference to to submit their statement of support: https://goo.gl/forms/N1V2b7DohqfgTxB23
- Deadline for both of the above to be completed is midday on Wed 1 March 2017.
- Interviews will be held the week of 13 March.
- Please Note: Transcripts of grades might be requested from the student office prior to interview.
- Informal inquiries to Tess Hornsby Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
We will also be awarding one scholarship for:
Please note: You can submit applications to more than one project
Find out more about current scholars: Current Undergraduate Research & Leadership Scholarships
Want to find out more? Then we strongly recommend that you come along to the Undergraduate Research Experience
(UGRE) on Friday 17 February 2017 and speak to current scholars and project leaders:
 Comprising of the School of Design; School of English; School of Fine Art, History of Art & Cultural Studies;
School of History; School of Languages, Cultures & Societies; School of Media & Communication; School of Music;
School of Performance & Cultural Industries; School of Philosophy, Religion and History of Science.
UGRLS 2017 AHC Arts PVAC UGRE University of Leeds Undergraduate Research & Leadership Scholarships Lord Laidlaw £6000