David Craig – David Craig Design Consultancy
David is founder of David Craig Design Consultancy, an Architecture and Design studio based in Saltaire.
His lifelong love of drawing and making led David, via a foundation course in Art and Design, to Ravensbourne, where he studied a degree in Product Design. His first job, designing healthcare buildings was obtained by frantically learning AutoCAD during a weeklong paid interview. After ten years of learning, and several jobs later, David established his studio in 2011 with one project on his books.
The practice has now completed many commissions and is currently working on a range of exciting projects including…
- An educational toy for the Cool Cart Company made out of CNC ply, designed to help children learn about construction, materials and tools. You can read a bit more about it here.
- Consultancy work with the National Media Museum.
- Consultancy work on the new Critical Care Unit at the Bradford Royal Infirmary.
- A woodland education centre and luxury campsite constructed out of trees from the woodland surrounded by bespoke permanent canvas tents with wood burning stoves.
- Consultancy work for clients of the Bradford City Centre Growth Zone initiative.
- A number of commissions to redesign and improve people’s homes.
DoCreative has been commissioned to develop the studio’s brand identity and will be embarking on a marketing campaign later this year. The practice is exploring funding to buy a 3D printer, and has long term ambitions to build a small multidisciplinary design collective.
In August, David was invited to design the banner for The Culture Vulture site. Using Lee Goater’s brand guidelines, we played around with a product design spin on things. You can read more about that here.
David is a Husband and father, and loves to get involved with the community. He is Chair of Governors at Hirst Wood Nursery School and Children’s Centre, and also helping The Kirkgate Centre on their journey to become a community asset.
If you tweet, I’m on twitter here.